Thursday, 7 June 2007

Talking bout a revolution

#88 Watch the sunrise from the beach
Funny really. I thought this would be either the result of camping on the beach somewhere and waking up early to huddle in a blanket OR going down to the beach after a long night out to watch the sunrise before going to bed. I didn't think it would be as mundane as stopping off at the local Wild Bean to pick up a flat white and some breakfast then parking just before my turnoff, running across the road and walking down some steps to the beach. I was well rugged up in a winter jacket and a beanie. Not that it was particularly cold. In fact I started to get quite toasty by the time the sun was peeking over the horizon.
I can highly recommend this as a nice way to start the day. It took about half an hour from the time I started watching to the time the sun came up. False dawn had been around for probably another 20 mins so allocate about an hour for the experience. It was fascinating to watch the changes in the light and colours. I was surprised by the number of people out and about on the beach. It seemed as though someone new walked past every couple of minutes.
No pictures as the quality isn't that great for long shots from the mobile phone.

No comments: