Friday, 8 June 2007

Chains are required

#35 Cook through the Edmonds cookbook
I made scones last night to bring to work today for morning tea. The mixture started off quite sticky but baked into lovely light fluffy scones. They were well received and the highlight of a particularly progress-free meeting.


#86 A-Z reading challenge - authors
Forsyth, Frederick "Day of the Jackal"
About the search for a man possibly hired to kill the president of France.

What did I think?
I've read this before but my memories of the book did not match with this second reading. I was under the impression that it ended with the man getting away after shooting something by the letterbox of a long driveway of which he was hiding in the forest at the other end of*. This does not happen in the book. Or maybe it does? I'm not going to tell you anything except "read it". A good example of a spy/adventure/thriller book which holds up today. I can understand why I went through the rest of his titles when I was a teen.

*My apologies for that ridiculous sentence.

No comments: