Monday, 11 June 2007

Summering on the cape

#97 'Run' from home to my home town

Clocked up a few more kms this evening. To be honest I was all keen at work then I found I didn't have any socks, so decided to flag it and cycle instead but then I came home and saw a couple policemen parking their cars and getting out their stab-proof vests so I thought I'd run past only to discover that the stab-proof vests were probably bullet-proof vests and the police ment were standing behind the treeline next to the pavement and they were still there when I got back only there were two! police! men! with! big! guns! instead! of! one! which meant they were there for a couple hours at least. Not sure what it was all about - I was trying to look cool on my way past, y'klnow, like I wasn't a bit interested when really I was gawking like a little kid. No shame.



#74 Cook risotto from scratch

I thought there was a recipe in the Edmonds but it turns out the recipe is something like 'Start with a packet of pre-prepared chicken risotto...' which is absolutely useless for my needs. I thinks there's one in the Jamie book.

NB. I think Boyfriend and I are in a bit of a competition over who can cook the best chicken. i did one last night which he loved and tonight he did one that I loved... Maybe it's not really a competition but just using up what's in the cupboard because there isn't any food left in the house.



#42 Send a snail mail postcard to nieces

I'm starting this one tonight and will hopefully get the postcards off tomorrow. I was going to use the cute slightly bug-eyed kiwi but I sounded a bit manic on it so I chopped it up and used a yellow heart instead. I'm not entirely sure of the address for the australian lot so it might take longer than I'm hoping it will.



Update #100 Send Power company the key to the house

You may remember this as a particular challenge of mine. Well, the meter reader turned up on Saturday sans key. He hasn't received it yet. He was very cheerful about the whole thing and said that he used to have our estimated meter reading filled out before he even drove past our house. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Australian lot of nieces?? I am feeling very slack in the face of your flash blog and multiple entries.....