Thursday, 17 May 2007

Wot duz yr hart tel u

Peanut brownies. Ahh, how delicious you were. Another recipe from the Edmonds (#35) down. If I make them again (and I think I will) I'll let the peanuts cool down before mixing them in. They were a bit warm after roasting and kept falling out of the mixture which meant I had to keep stuffing them back. They were also concentrated in certain areas not spread through. The peanuts on top are on purpose though - I think it helps the look of a biscuit to have something tasty on top.

#86 Complete A-Z reading challenge - authors.

Doyle, Roddy "Not just for Christmas"
A heartwarming tale of two brothers who finally come face to face after not seeing each other for over 20 years.

What did I think? Well, I feel like I cheated with this one. It's part of an adult literacy series. therefore it's short. It's short, but it's good. A bit of tension, some laughs and a sweet ending. It feels like a longer book condensed into a plot outline. Great quick read.


Alas, poor #100 Send Power company the key to the house. It feels like the universe is conspiring against you and you are not meant to be completed. I've had the key but not the form; I've had the form but not the key; I've had the form and the key but no envelope; I've had the form, the key and the envelope but no postbox; I've had the post box...but no envelope with the form and the key. It's been at least 3 years since I first tried to get you done. Tomorrow I will make a concerted effort to finish you off.


#76 Attend films I want to see - by myself if necessary. Not so much attend as watch for this one. I haven't seen "Brokeback mountain" yet. Good 'ole library DVD collection. Hopefully it will come through before the weekend so I can watch it when my boyfriend isn't here. He's seen bits and says "it isn't [his] thing".

#68 Replace lightblubs with eco-friendly ones . I'm not planning to replace them all - just the lightbulbs that we leave on for a long time. I have bought two as a starter and plan to replace the lightbulbs in the lounge when they go. They are frosted so we won't get the same 'star-burst' effect as we get now but that's okay. (The lampshade is slatted (original retro 70s) so un-frosted lightblubs shine through and cast a groovy shadow on the ceiling. It used to annoy me but now I like it.)

Am feeling quite tired so I believe that '#73 Have a regular nap on the weekend ' will get an airing this weekend. I used to have a regular nap on Sunday afternoon when I was cycling a lot. Now I don't feel that I deserve it. Maybe I could convince a friend to go cycling with me again on Sunday morning (maybe to a cafe??) so I can feel virtuous again. About having a nap at least.

Maybe I will #5 tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So given that I am receiving emails today...I am guessing #5 did not happen!
As for the picture of the brownies...I am going with 'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery'!!
Doubt your friend will go cycling - as they will likely be hungover in Swampland....