Monday, 21 May 2007

"That's a damned lie!" "Yes - what's your point?"

#87 Complete A-Z reading challenge - titles
Isn't it funny how sometimes you dread reading something because you think it is going to be dry and unappealing and make you think...then you start and realise that yes, it's making you think but this is actually a good thing and wow, it links in with that other book you read even though you are pretty sure that one was picked up randomly and the other came from a work-related blog you were reading? This happens to me fairly regularly and the E-title book falls into this category. But, I don't have it with me so you will just have to wait because I want to quote bits out of it.


#2 Make alphabet cubes. I want to experiment with some of the fabrics in a style similar to this. But then I wouldn't be able to show anyone...


#35 Cook through the Edmonds cookbook. I've made some more things out of this - scrambled eggs, ANZAC biscuits, bran muffins. I used a silicon tray for the muffins. First time I've used one and I have to say, it's a little weird. The muffins tasted quite okay. I really MUST get measuring spoons.


#43 See a performance that doesn't include anyone I know. Investigating shows at Silo Theatre. I like the look of them all! Dammit. On the plus side I only know one guy in one play (Lobby hero) for the rest of the year. Now I just have to figure out which one to go to. Leaning toward Three days of rain because the theatre did "Take me out" by the same playwright last year and I really enjoyed it.


Did a variation on #50 and wore only skirts to work last week. Interesting. I think it was probably a bit colder last week than it has been (and for winter it's positively summery) so wearing skirts wasn't the best option for staying warm. I ended up wearing a woolen coat in the morning just so I could feel my fingers.

#63 Buy food from the Farmers Market. Went back to the Farmers Market just so I could say that it wasn't a oncer. Bought 2 bags of mandarins, 1 bag of apples, 1 pain au chocolat. Mmmm. Delicious. Plus I feel good that the food we're eating comes from a place that I can cycle to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, but did you cycle there....?

Anonymous said...

well, no. Have you tried to cary a bag of apples, 2 bags of mandarins, a box of catfood, flour, milk, a cauliflour, a broccoli, sugar, bran flakes, eggs, creamed rice and a pain au chocolat on a bike? I meant the produce comes from Helensville which I could cycle to. Not the Farmers Market which I could cycle to but would never make it home from...