Wednesday, 23 May 2007

She's, like, three and I'm a thousand

#92 comment on blogs if I have something nice to say
Here's a blog comment I started but didn't post...
I think the nature of privacy has changed. People post blogs and create social pages to interact with their friends. I don't think it occurs to them that someone external to their personal network might read it. They might never find out either - there are lots of lurkers out there. (I'm one - Hi!) They might find new friends online and extend that personal network and consider it positive most of the time and not regard it any differently to meeting someone at a cafe or in the library. I think it's the difference between meeting someone at a party and having the same someone barge into your home while you're having dinner. So you get an interesting kind of compartmentalised life where someone's actions might contradict other behaviours and they are comfortable with that.




No comments: