Tuesday, 8 May 2007

do not leave your longings unattended

Progress!

#87 Complete A-Z reading challenge - titles 3/26 and started #86 Complete A-Z reading challenge - authors. Reviews to come.

#97 'Run' from home to my home town. 4/160km. There's a long way to go.

#93 Watch 'Dark Angel' on DVD. Complete. Mental note - next time watch Season One BEFORE Season Two. A whole lot of things made so much more sense. Verdict to come.

#2 Make alphabet cubes. I have a niece who is only new - she will be 1 in september. I'm planning to make her some alphabet cubes which I have never done before. But of course I have to do something tricky - I want her to be able to spell her names out. That means I need at least 6 cubes for the longest name. Then I want her to be able to spell the names of her friends and family which means that certain letters can't be on the same block - e.g. D and J and O. Add to that the fact that I want to include the Maori alphabet making it 28 letters rather than 26 and it all gets a bit complicated. I think I've figured out what I need to do to ensure that it will work. I'm thinking of mocking some up in paper before I start cutting and sticking. Plus I have to buy some fabric scissors. I do have the fabric and a sewing machine!

#50 No black to work for a week. Done and laundered. This was an interesting experiement. I had to combine clothes that I normally wouldn't wear together. Surprisingly this went down quite well with my colleagues. What did I learn? That you should always try new combinations of things. (Thank god it's over though!)
No progress - We didn't end up going to Tawharanui on the weeknd. My friend's family came up and she hung out with them - and had a great time by all accounts. So #7 remains unfulfilled.

1 comment:

LeftofMay said...

And getting a list of the other Regional Parks is damn near impossible - almost as hard as getting someone to confirm the number of parks that we should be aiming to visit!!