Wednesday, 30 May 2007

Featuring an advanced alien race

There is not a lot of progress going on this week. I've been feeling a bit tired and run down although unfortunately there hasn't been any corresponding sick leave associated with that. It's a long weekend this weekend (YAY) and I'm hoping to get a few component things knocked off. That's if everything goes according to plan...although to be honest I'd probably be just as happy to spend the whole time lounging around in bed. Maybe I could move the telly in? I'm doing some of that component stuff with a good friend though...who may bring cookies...so there is that...

I'm not that far into this challenge and I'm already thinking that I'll be failing on some of the list. That's okay because it's set up to challenge and move me out of my comfort zone - not that I've done that much of that just yet. Books and reading baby yeah.

I promised myself that I would not post here unless I had made progress on something...and that it wouldn't be more than three days between postings...

#24 Find a food balance between the 'good' and the 'bad' foods
Today I had fruit toast with Nutella for breakfast, a one square meal bar for morning tea, a vege kebab for lunch plus a couple of chocolate thins for afters, a carrot and a piece of cheese for afternoon tea and pork with rice for dinner. I think that's a pretty good balance between good and bad foods. When can I mark it off?

#25 Live eco-smart - recycling etc
I suck at this. There are all the best intentions in the world, gathering the bottles and cans and papers to be recycled, putting them in the bin but not putting the bin out to be collected so that it overflows and won't take any more which means that recycleable things have to go in the rubbish bin because there isn't any space for them in the recycling bin. *sigh*

#39 Complete a '26 things' Flickr challenge
Have to get my skates on for this one as there isn't much time left and I think I've got, 5 things done? Guess it's harder than it looks!

#42 Send a snail mail postcard to nieces
Rather than do this I think I'll send some 'Kiaora' cards to the girls in Australia. Promise I'll take a picture. They're sold by some guy on the street - he appears magically every so often. Nice and colourful although I'm not so keen on the hearts that he's done this time. There is a pretty cool pohutukawa one in the set.

#47 Walk the isthmus
It's 16km. I'm going to need a bit of training before I do this one.

#48 Visit Waiheke island
Hhm. There's a planting day on Monday at the ARC park on Waiheke. I wasn't too keen on using up a day of my weekend to go over to Waiheke but I could mark two off with one visit...#7 Visit all Auckland Regional parks . Weekend plan rethink... nope. I need that time to sort out clothes to wear to work!

Wow. Looks like I've been doing more than I think I've been doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....friend better get herself sorted then so that you have a productive weekend!!