Sunday, 12 August 2007

An afternoon with the people behind you...

#84 Walk Auckland mountain
Done and done. The weather was fine albeit quite windy. It had been raining so the ground was pretty muddy, especially in the farmland walk before you get into the trees. Once in there it was quiet. I guess the birds were hiding out from the wind. Saw a few plants that were so tiny and insignificant I would never guessed at how cool they were. Quite hilly in places - my knees were protesting the downs by the end. I was surprised at how spacious it seemed in places - none of the rampant foliage I'm used to in the ARCpark walks. Great to have people who actually know what they are talking about (rather than just relying on a book) guide you on the walk. Thinking of going back in summer to have a look at the changes.

#1 Tramp a Great Walk
Bit concerned about this now. If I can't even get through a short walk without knees playing up then how will I go a multi-day tramp?

#86 A-Z reading challenge - authors
O'Connell, Carol "Shark Music" (aka "Find Me")
About a tough (and possibily sociopathic) New York detective who has gone off the career path to drive down Route 66 and solve a crime while being followed by two men who love her.
What did I think?
Apparently number 9 in the Kathy Mallory, oops sorry, just MALLORY series. I think I've missed a few - probably thrown when the author (who is barely around on the interweb (WTF - noone is not on the net) so no linky love) took a bit of time off to write another character. Quite odd (and naaaaasty) with a detached kind of writing style. I do wonder whether people really are that happy to love like the blokes do, with no reason to believe that they will ever be appreciated for that devotion...oh wait. OF COURSE. That's what people do all over the place. Plus she's all blonde and sexy and cold green eyes etc etc. Whatever. Recommended.

No comments: