Friday, 15 May 2009

George R.R. Martin is not your bitch *

#29 Learn basic Spanish
*sniff* my spanish beyond the basics class has been cancelled for lack of students. I was really enjoying it. Unlike Maori there was no pressure to learn it. It was just fun and now it's not. I guess it's back to the CD.


#20 Learn 10 poems by heart
Trying to track down a copy of "Just" by Stephanie Johnston. Her husband reckoned that NZ women say "I'm just.." a lot (or "I was just..." etc) so she wrote him a poem that was all "I'm just..." ending with the poet running the country.

#28 Take a uni course
I'm quite reluctant to go back to tertiary education. Lots of money for a bit of paper. Lately though I've been feeling my lack of a university on-campus education so I'm rethinking my position. Maybe it's a midlife crisis?

*what Neil Gaiman said about complaints from readers about a perceived lack of progress by Mr G.R.R. Martin

No comments: