Friday, 14 September 2007

Great Wall of Sound

#87 A-Z reading challenge - titles
"Yu-Gi-Oh: volume one (Aka: The Millennium puzzle.)" by Kazuki Takahashi
About a boy who solves a puzzle and becomes the guardian of right and is given the power to pass judgement on evil. He doesn't know he has this power.
What did I think?
A typical manga with some violence, justice and a bit of sexiness thrown in for good measure. Plus of course the TV/Film tie-in which results in massive popularity. I caught one of these on TV one day - now I understand it. Surprisingly fun with a pretty good storyline...not sure if I'll follow it up but I certainly won't have the same attitude toward it as before. (i.e. damn kids and their messsed up cartoons.)

#49 Read Montana fiction winners of the last 10 years
2003 The Shag incident / Stephanie Johnson.

No comments: